Monday 15 July 2013

US athlete Tyson Gay tests positive for banned substances




Tyson Gay has tested positive for a banned substance and has said he'll pull out of next month's world championships in Moscow.

Gay told the Associated Press he was notified by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency of the positive test late last week. He wouldn't reveal the substance but said the positive test came from a May 16 out-of-competition test, the AP reported.

"I don't have a sabotage story. I don't have any lies. I don't have anything to say to make this seem like it was a mistake or it was on USADA's hands, someone playing games," said Gay, who fought back sobs as he spoke to the AP. "I don't have any of those stories. I basically put my trust in someone and I was let down."

He did not disclose to whom he was referring when he said he was let down.

No comments:

Post a Comment